Code of Conduct - eircom SportsHub
When posting in the eircom SportsHub forums, submitting video or photo content or commenting on news, please keep the following things in mind; this is a loose guide, and eircom sports will exercise the Code of Conduct as it sees fit; we would rather not be draconian, so if members use common sense, we won't have to ban anyone!
A word of warning, no age restrictions are in place at eircom SportsHub so be prepared for some content that may be offensive, rude and indeed unsuitable for minors. We recommend in our Terms & Conditions that minors should seek the permission of their parent or guardian before accessing this site.
Your first post or submission of content signals your agreement to this Code of Conduct.
We reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason!
eircom SportsHub reserves the right to make any changes to this Code of Conduct as and when necessary. When this happens, all members are required to re-read and click a button to show acceptance. They cannot access certain functions of the forums until they accept the new Code of Conduct . There is no ground to state that you do not know our rules, before you click on the acceptance button make sure you read this Code of Conduct.
- Respect your fellow forum users. If you want to take issue with what they say then do so by sticking to the point, not by abuse or insults.
- Personal attacks will not be tolerated, if you use the forums to wage virtual war you will not be welcome here.
- If you need help ask for it, but search the forums first in case your query has been asked before. Oh and make sure you post your question / plea for help in the right forum, if you don't then you'll get moaned at. A lot. You can always use the "contact us" link at the bottom of every page if you're really stuck.
- You may not impersonate another board member or create an account specifically for the purpose of provoking other users. Also, accessing or using someone else's account or attempting to access another poster's account is strictly prohibited. You will be banned and all associated accounts will be banned as well.
- All board users agree not to post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owners of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. Especially portraying such work as your own. This is otherwise known as, "RIPPING". Rippers are not permitted here, and if you are caught stealing others work you will be banned.
- Posting should be done in English or Irish. Drunken English or Irish is also permitted so long as we can make sense of it without having to use a crack team of ex-KGB code breakers.
- Reasonably strong language is okay, but try not to swear all the time because it is very annoying.
- Racism and extreme political views are strictly prohibited.
- When posting images or video use your common sense - vulgar, obscene or graphically pornographic images are not allowed and will get you banned. We decide what the definition of "pornographic" is, and its not up for debate. Use common sense.
- Posts that are generally harassing, offensive, abusive – especially those aimed at sexual orientation, gender, race, colour, religious views, national origin or disability – will not be tolerated.
- Spamming is evil because it clogs up our forum with needless messages If you have signed up simply to advertise a service or get your message across rather than participate in the community here we will delete your posts and ban your account.
- Copyrighted music, film or other similar material is not permitted to be posted on our forums, neither are links to such files or links / details of methods of obtaining such material via online or offline means.
- Don't post your or anyone else's email address in the forums.
Don't say things to people on this forum that you wouldn't say to their face, and that's not a challenge to the macho idiots out there to prove themselves. Sin and be banned probably for good. If you're nasty and unpleasant, you are not wanted.